La Centrale Galerie Powerhouse is honored to announce the call for nominations for a second year of the PRIX POWERHOUSE!
The PRIX POWERHOUSE is an award celebrating women* artists who have reached the mid-stage in their career and contribute in a significant and sustained way to the cultural life of Montréal. The purpose of the prize is to recognize and honour an individual artist of unique vision who pursues their practice with determination and without compromise. The award is integral to the mandate of La Centrale, an artist-run centre committed to providing a platform for practices grounded in feminist discourse and engages a broader spectrum of underrepresented artists and their initiatives within established art institutions.
THE AWARD INCLUDES
- an invitation to the laureat to give a talk about their art practice at La Centrale
- to recognize and support women artists who have reached at least mid-stage in their career
- to celebrate the vibrancy and uniqueness of an influential practice
- to promote the work of a Montréal artist
- to celebrate the contribution women artists make to social and cultural life
To be eligible, nominees must meet the following criteria:
- be at least 37 years of age and identify as a woman
- live within the Greater Montréal area at the date of nomination
- have a practice in the visual arts that spans more than ten years (visual arts includes new media, sound and performance)
- sustain a pertinent artistic practice of quality that thrives under the radar of major cultural institutions in the city
- be nominated by a third party
- members of the board and La Centrale workers are not eligible
To make a nomination, please download the nomination form here.
Nominations, including a completed form with all the required documentation, should be submitted no later than:
Saturday, March 31, 2012
By email at
By snail mail here
LE PRIX POWERHOUSE
La Centrale Galerie Powerhouse
4296, boulevard Saint-Laurent
Montréal (Québec) H2W 1Z3
Download descriptive pamphlet here!
*Women and self-identified women.
La Centrale would like to recognize the generous contribution of an anonymous donor that has made this prize possible.